IndoManUtd Forum  

Go Back   IndoManUtd Forum > English Room > Stretford End Corner
Follow Us IndoManUtd Twitter IndoManUtd @ Facebook

Stretford End Corner All about United - This is an English room, English is a must..!!!

Old 18-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
Dann496
Biting pillow thinking of Andersonsonson

Id Number : IMU-7
Location: Some United fans are okay, some are clueless cretins.
Dann496 has disabled reputation
Default New Patrice Evra Interview

Consistent, quick, clever, aggressive, and talented
What a great signing by Fergie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel at home at Old Trafford, I really enjoyed playing here,
For me, there’s nowhere like Old Trafford.”

– Ole Gunnar Solskjaer -
Dann496 is offline   Reply With Quote
sponsor links
Old 19-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
Midfield
Red

Id Number : IMU-84
Midfield is a splendid one to beholdMidfield is a splendid one to beholdMidfield is a splendid one to beholdMidfield is a splendid one to beholdMidfield is a splendid one to beholdMidfield is a splendid one to behold

In his first season, he was a total flop. Especially in his debut at City of Manchester Stadium against Citeh, what a nightmare! Getting skinned by Citeh wingers, lost his position against opposite strikers. For once I was thinking that he wont make it at Utd. But somehow, in his 2nd season with us, he developed into a decisive player.

he plays on the left
he plays on the riiiight
that boy Evra
makes Heinze looks sh!te
Midfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
Dark
R.I.P MUFC

Id Number : IMU-68
Dark is a splendid one to beholdDark is a splendid one to beholdDark is a splendid one to beholdDark is a splendid one to beholdDark is a splendid one to beholdDark is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by midfieldred View Post
In his first season, he was a total flop. Especially in his debut at City of Manchester Stadium against Citeh, what a nightmare! Getting skinned by Citeh wingers, lost his position against opposite strikers. For once I was thinking that he wont make it at Utd. But somehow, in his 2nd season with us, he developed into a decisive player.

he plays on the left
he plays on the riiiight
that boy Evra
makes Heinze looks sh!te
agree with ya.. hes totally a flop when first time he came to old trafford. man.. even o'shea is better than him. but now.. look at him.. one of the best Left Back on premiereship. and could be "the next" Dennis Irwin, the next Legend?

he plays on the back
he plays on the middle
that boy Evra
makes Heinze looks sh!te

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
PaulaAbdullahSekolzi
Second Coming

Id Number : IMU-2542
PaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to behold

i remember a City fan who *gloated* after that game.

and for many months afterwards made fun of the new signings, Evra & Vidic - he has to shut up now !

""It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me"." - Christian Bale (Batman Begins)
PaulaAbdullahSekolzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
Dann496

I always love interviews from Patrice Evra

Evra
United defender Evra hopes revenge is a dish best served cold

By IAN LADYMAN

With a new contract to negotiate and the small matter of the Barclays Premier L e a g u e a n d t h e Champions League to win, Patrice Evra has plenty to think about as he nears the end of his second full season at Manchester United.

But the France defender will still take time out to exact a little revenge on Thursday if his English club mates return to Old Trafford on the back of an international defeat by his country.

"When France lost to Scotland, Sir Alex Ferguson spent the whole week singing La Marseillaise at me," revealed Evra.

"My locker then got tagged with 'Kiss My Scottish Arse'! But I didn't say anything. I waited.

"Recently, it's got a little spicy over this France-England match.

"Wayne Rooney told me: 'I'm gonna ask to play down your flank if you get picked, Pat. Just so that I can tackle you.' That's the English spirit — no presents!"

As a proud patriot and a member of the France squad that hopes to win this summer's European Championships, Evra made no effort to hide his delight when England failed to make the finals in Austria and Switzerland.

From Evra's point of view, Croatia's humbling of England at Wembley last November simply removed one obstacle from the path of Raymond Domenech's ambitious squad this summer.

With just nine French caps, Evra is a late starter when it comes to international football.

Indeed, this summer will see him travel to his first major tournament.

The left-back found it difficult to adapt to English football on arriving from Monaco in January 2006.

Indeed, no one who saw his traumatic debut at Manchester City that month will ever forget it.

Yet now Evra is closing in on successive Premier League titles and maybe a Champions League.

He has interesting views on why English teams have done so well in that competition while the national team has struggled.

"At United, when we lose a match, it's a crisis," he said.

"In two years I have never had the experience of being on the losing side twice in succession, touch wood.

"The culture in England is a winning one. If, say, we go to Arsenal and get a draw, the coach will still give us what for.

"But at Monaco, for example, if we got a draw at Marseille, it'd be high fives from the boss. There you see the difference in a nutshell.

"At national level, England has great players but just haven't found the recipe to make a great team out of the ingredients. The day they have a coach that can get that right, it'll be bad news for the rest!

Having seen the respect he is commanding, Fabio Capello could well be that man. The England internationals at Old Trafford have spoken to me about him, of course."

Evra picks out United team-mate Rooney and Liverpool's Steven Gerrard as two English players he has particular respect for, but his own stature is growing rapidly.

He added: "My first six months here, they didn't get to see the real Evra. Despite that, every time I came on the pitch, I got applause. That gave me strength.

"Now things are much better and now I'm kind of the team DJ. I bring in new tunes and I create special mixes.

"I even introduced the lads to the singer who won the French 'Pop Idol', Christophe Willem — and I've heard our coaches singing the chorus on his biggest hit in French.

"It goes [singing]: 'C'est comme ca, qu'est-ce que j'y peux' (It's just like that, what can you do?)'."

The image of United manager Ferguson sashaying through the club singing French chart hits is hard to imagine but Evra also admitted last night that he and his club manager have some serious talking to do, as he is out of contract at the end of next season.

"I love the club," he insisted. "When I'm on the PlayStation, I could never be another English team!

"But as for the future, you never know. I could leave next year, or in two years. Everyone's asking me questions because I have not yet extended my deal but I have an agent to deal with that.

"My preoccupation is to win the League and Champions League

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1779&ito=1490

– Ole Gunnar Solskjaer -
Pesan sponsor, numpang lewat yach!
Old 26-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
PaulaAbdullahSekolzi
Second Coming

Id Number : IMU-2542
PaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to beholdPaulaAbdullahSekolzi is a splendid one to behold

very good interview !!

he certainly is a very intelligent person !

i wonder how the tune of that French Idol song goes.

""It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me"." - Christian Bale (Batman Begins)
PaulaAbdullahSekolzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
mouminunited
Rookie

Id Number : IMU-3502
mouminunited is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann496 View Post

"My locker then got tagged with 'Kiss My Scottish Arse'!
saf sure enjoys his time back then
mouminunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
Sloid
Wek....

Id Number : IMU-1560
Sloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud ofSloid has much to be proud of

Class... Love it....

Only the last part worries me a bit....
Hopefully he sign a new contract soon...
....Yang penting hepiiiiii....
Sloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
Dann496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid View Post
Class... Love it....

Only the last part worries me a bit....
Hopefully he sign a new contract soon...
Don't worry, I am sure he is just pressuring the management to give him a new contract as soon as possible.

– Ole Gunnar Solskjaer -
Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
Jedimaster
The Force Is Definitely With United

Id Number : IMU-2446
Jedimaster is a jewel in the roughJedimaster is a jewel in the roughJedimaster is a jewel in the roughJedimaster is a jewel in the rough

I hope this still related to the topic of this thread.
It just crossed my mind this morning after watching AS Roma vs Manchester United Champions Leauge quarter finals where Evra played beatifully.
Which is better?
1. Dennis Irwin
2. Mikel Silvestre
3. Patrice Evra

For me, i consider Evra is the best left full back among those three......
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote